Some of it you might know, some of it could well be news:
- Jessica Stevenson, who is 5’6″ and has grey/green eyes, is filming a two-part Doctor Who episode.
- There’s going to be a hint of Torchwood in this Christmas’s episode (see pic. Click on it to make it bigger and look for the logo at the back).
- Newsround has a load of publicity shots from that episode, too.
- The Daily Mail (and other ‘newspapers’) are claiming that new companion Martha Jones and the Doctor are going to wind up in bed together – fully clothed, mind. Adds The Sun, ”TV Biz can reveal feisty Martha (Freema Agyeman) has a huge crush on the doc (David Tennant). The pair are forced to bunk up together in one scene and Martha moves in for the kill. But her love intentions are ruined — by a monster.“
- There’s an interview with Dan Zeff, director of Love and Monsters, over on Ain’t It Cool News.
- There’s a clip from The Sarah Jane Adventures available from the Beeb’s Doctor Who web site.
- There’s a preview of Mitchell and Webb’s Magicians over on Ain’t It Cool News, based on a test screening.
- Harry Enfield and Paul Whitehouse are re-uniting for a new sketch show.
- The Beeb is planning a show about Merlin. It’s going to be a ”3g“ show, which now means ”three generations“ apparently. Because that’s what family television needs more of – shows about slightly dodgy wizards that live their lives backwards and have a demon for a dad.
- Instead of doing something sensible like getting State of Play 2 together, Paul Abbott has created another bollocktile drama for ITV1 (cf the UK version of Touching Evil). Called Butler Did It, this ”three x 120-minute returnable franchise“ (urgh) tells the story of a top MI5 officer who is ”imprisoned for murder but, after the government realises his potential as a powerful weapon, he is reprogrammed as a ruthless, state-controlled assassin“.
- Lucy Davis, star of The Office and rising star of Studio 60, got married on Saturday at St Paul’s Cathedral – handily, her dad Jasper Carrott is an OBE.
- Matt Lucas is reportedly being lined up to play Friar Tuck in the next series of Robin Hood. He’s already set to appear as Toad in The Wind in the Willows this Christmas.
- Day Break is either going to be killed off on the 27th or moved to another night.
- Heroes co-star Thomas Dekker is to play John Connor in the forthcoming Terminator spin-off The Sarah Connor Chronicles.
- The hilariously rubbish product placement – sorry, prequel – for the next season of 24 is now available on YouTube.
- Heroes is going to air in the UK at 10pm on the SciFi channel, starting on February 19th, according to Digital Spy.
- Ronald D Moore answers questions about Battlestar Galactica, over on E! Online’s Watch With Kristin.
- Peter Casey, one of the creators of Frasier, explains why Lisa Kudrow was recast as Roz.