So, there’s been lots on tele this week – what have you been watching?
As mentioned on Monday, I’ve give up on quite a few new shows this week, including Eastwick, The Forgotten and Mercy, as well as – after nine years – Smallville. Since then, I’ve also decided to give up on:
- Hank, on the general grounds the second episode was excruciatingly bad
- Oh my God, after eight years, CSI: Miami, on the general grounds that I’m tired of having my intelligence insulted every week
- Three Rivers: started on Sunday, I tried watching it, but found after 10 minutes not one good thing about it – it’s Casualty but everyone needs a transplant at the end of it.
- Psych – a huge backlog of episodes that we have no inclination of watching is God’s way of telling you a show isn’t entertaining any more. No character development and it’s not even very funny, either. Oh well.
- Dollhouse – absolutely rubbish second episode suggests this thing isn’t going to get any better.
That means, beyond what I’ve reviewed this week, I’m still watching:
- Trauma – a smart-ish programme underneath but with Bruckheimer-level accidents slapped in the middle that are so over the top, you actually laugh out loud. I’m hanging on in there for week three, but I think I’ll be dropping it after that
- Being Erica – the addition of the new mythos element is interesting, but the overall show is starting to flag a little for some reason – not enough Doctor Tom, I suspect
- Mad Men – I’m still a week behind, but last week’s (Seven Twenty Three) was a cracker
- Supernatural – last week’s was a little daft and had an obvious denouement. And Jared P sucked as (spoiler) the devil
- CSI – The character-building continues and interesting to see them build a story that references things all the way back in season one, to show the consequences of actions nearly a decade later
- Dexter – A good episode overall, but I’m not sure if it’s got much of a message left to impart. Still enjoyable, though.
I’ve still got a backlog of viewing (Community, this week’s Mad Men , this week’s Supernatural, Micro Men, The Middle, this week’s CSI, the Seinfeld reunion on Curb Your Enthusiasm) – let us know what you think about any of them or anything else you’ve seen this week.
As always, no spoilers unless you’re going to use the <spoiler> </spoiler> tags, please