In the US: Mondays, 10/9c, CBS
Here are some interesting facts about Hostages.
- It stars Toni Collette, Dylan McDermott and Tate Donovan
- Toni Collette is a top-flight surgeon, asked to operate on the President
- ‘Unconventional’ FBI agent Dylan McDermott takes her family hostage, including cheating hubby Tate Donovan, in an attempt to get her to kill the President
- Jerry Bruckheimer is the producer
- It’s based on an Israeli series.
I put those facts there up front because I had to make this review interesting in some way, and that’s about as interesting as the show gets. It’s not exciting, it’s not original, it’s not got anything to say, it’s not got any surprises. It’s DULL.
McDermott and his fluffy hair are as implausible in the FBI as they were in the police in Dark Blue. Collette may be a successful woman, but that brings with it all the usual penalties for being a successful woman that US TV brings (cheating husband, children mocking cooking skills and the frequency with which they are deployed – nothing mentioned about Donovan’s cooking, of course).
Even Kidnapped was more interesting than this, and it was on NBC. Skip it.