Time (well, let’s pretend it is) for “What did you watch this week?”, my chance to tell you what I watched this week that I haven’t already reviewed and your chance to recommend things to everyone else (and me) in case we’ve missed them.
First, the usual recommendations: Archer, Being Human (US), The Daily Show, House, Modern Family, Happy Endings, Portlandia, Ringer, Royal Pains, Shameless (US), Southland, Spartacus, Suburgatory and 30 Rock. Do watch them (if you can and they happen to be on TV this week).
- Archer: Back on form this season
- Modern Family: A very good episode this week. Worried that lovely wife and I are now this close to being Claire and Phil.
- Modern Family: Access All Areas: A Sky exclusive documentary. Interesting only to hear what everyone sounds like normally. Otherwise, cringe-making awfulness.
- Royal Pains: Ooh. Surprising ending. Normally the show’s so fluffy. And it’s good to have Boris back after all this time away. Not sure about that ‘Swiss French’ accent and unless Boris was making a racist joke, Campbell Scott’s pronunciation of Frankstein needs some work.
- 30 Rock: Funny again! Yay! And good Batman episode too.
- Southland: I think we can conclusively assume now that everyone in the last three seasons who wasn’t a patrolman or Regina King has been fired so the producers can afford Lucy Liu. Also a very sensitively handled ‘coming out’ episode for Cooper.
- Spartacus: Far less attention-grabbing than before and it’s hard not to imagine every scene improved by Andy Whitfield.
And in movies:
- Inception: Still awesome
- Heat: Still awesome
- The Dark Knight: Better than I remember.
“What did you watch this week?” is your chance to recommend to friends and fellow blog readers the TV and films that they might be missing or should avoid – and for me to do mini-reviews of everything I’ve watched. Since we live in the fabulous world of Internet catch-up services like the iPlayer and Hulu, why not tell your fellow readers what you’ve seen so they can see the good stuff they might have missed?