The trials continue, but here’s the latest news all the same. And there’s plenty of it.
- My old mag Dreamwatch is to stop publishing a print edition, but will continue online from the 25th.
- William Shatner leaks some details of the next Star Trek movie
- Someone’s come up with a list of the novels that are the hardest to film.
- The Lost Boys is getting a sequel.
- An interview with Steven Segal, in which he explains his hatred for his own movies.
- Leo Sayer has quit the Big Brother house. Carole Malone got evicted later on Friday.
- Want to know when a US TV show is starting on British TV? Digital Spy has the list. It also includes details of British TV premieres, such as Skins and Peep Show.
- How Ricky Gervais got Robert de Niro to appear on Extras.
- The creators of Scrubs and House discuss their feelings about Scrubs’ parody episode, My House.
- The US version of The IT Crowd now has a full pilot ordered.
- Alan Cumming is to appear in SciFi’s updating of The Wizard of Oz
- SciFi’s Flash Gordon TV series has been given the go-ahead.
- George Clooney is working on a mini-series for SciFi, too. It’s one of many shows in development there.
- Bravo has cancelled Queer Eye for the Straight Guy.
- Arrested Development creator Mitch Hurwitz is launching a company with Two and a Half Men exec producers Eric and Kim Tannenbaum.
- There’s a clip from the next episode of Heroes at Access Hollywood.
- Ain’t It Cool has a rumour about the subject for the proposed Battlestar Galactica movie.
- NBC are annoyed that Friday Night Lights isn’t doing better.
- TV Squad’s nicked my Jack Bauer picture. I can’t complain: I nick so many myself.
- A movie of Deadwood might still get the go-ahead.
- Charlie Rose interviews Kiefer Sutherland about 24 on Google Video.
- Screen shots from the next episode of Lost.
- Idris Elba talks about The Wire and hip hop.
- The remaining episodes of Day Break are finally going online by the end of February.
- Lots of stuff about Lost from Sunday’s press panel, including the glorious fact the producers are going to announce an end date for the show.