What I still had to watch last week: The Bridge, Sons of Tucson, Women, Archer, Modern Family, CSI and Spartacus: Blood and Sand.
What I still have to watch this week: The Bridge, Sons of Tucson, Women, CSI and Spartacus: Blood and Sand.
So I’m going to go out on a limb and say unless I have a very long train journey to and from a stag weekend on Friday and Sunday – oh wait – I’m probably not going to be watching most of those at all. But I definitely won’t be watching CSI: sorry, time to give up on it, since I’m just not feeling it any more.
But here’s what I definitely did watch.
- Archer: Man is that show starting to dive off the deep end into the deviant pool. Brilliantly funny though.
- Chuck: Wow they really are shaking things up this season (which is now by far my favourite already). Great to have some Casey backstory, some lovely Ellie and Awesome moments, great to see Sarah and Casey actually doing something for a change and some terrifically dark moments as well. What can the ending mean? Well, I’d know if I’d watched last night’s yet. Sad that Robert Patrick got to do more action scenes this episode than in the whole of The Unit though.
- Community: Brilliant ending, very funny throughout. People should watch this show.
- Lost: Interesting ‘alternative Sawyer’ and great to see Charlotte back. But a bit of a filler.
- Life Unexpected: Yey, Alexandra Breckenridge is back and the whole show is now playing musical beds. More adult than previous weeks and better for it.
- Rome: Still good – watch it if you haven’t already.
- Scrubs: As a final episode (which it almost certainly was), this was a great big let down. It had some funny moments, but both it and the series itself hasn’t really caught fire. Loved Denise though. She should get her own show.
- 30 Rock: Martin Sheen is doing well as the Englishman (with the Welsh accent) who uses some very bizarre Englishisms. But it really is playing to the media types now, isn’t it? Who really knew what was going on with the whole NBC/’Kabletown’ deal unless they’ve been following the trade papers? Funny end joke about the TV porn channel for women.
- 24: WTF? Can I just ask that again? WTF? What kind of insane bunch of execs are running 24 these days? Who waits until episode 12 until they decide “Hey, maybe we should make this show interesting?” So for the last two weeks, we’ve finally had the high-octane, all-action Jack Bauer power hour we’ve all been waiting for all season. Is it too little too late? Probably. But great to see Action Chloe and Action Renee as well.
But what did you watch?
As always, no spoilers unless you’re going to use the <spoiler> </spoiler> tags, please. If you’ve reviewed something on your blog, you can put a link to it here rather than repeat yourself (although too many links and you might ge