Here’s what I watched
- Ashes to Ashes: Better written than episode one, and Alex was more sparky, but Shazzer fills me with almost season 1-Drake hatred: grow a spine, love. The lack of Alex saying “Hanging, this is no way to run an operation. Shazzer will end up in trouble if we do this. This is how we should do it,” was poor, too, since it was a golden opportunity to have 1980s attitudes to sting operations examined. But it definitely had its moments, mostly around Alex’s investigation of Sam’s death.
- House: A very good episode that changed format successfully, with Cutty becoming House. Nice to see Jennifer Morrison back, too. Some good revelations and I loved the pairings. Nice direction by Hugh Laurie, too.
- Lost: Brilliant as always, with so many unexpected twists, it was ridiculous. And yes, everyone loves Hugo.
- Modern Family: I’ve caught up with them a bit, now. Funny, and I didn’t think the iPad ep was too egregious. Didn’t see this week’s though.
- Rome: Picked up again after a bleak first half, but now I’m noticing that rather than simply insert things into history, they’re entirely messing around with it this season. Still, at least Cicero and Brutus’s deaths were more noble than their actual deaths.
- Spartacus: Blood and Sand: Fun. It’s definitely found its feet. I do think everyone should have died horribly already though.
- Stargate Universe: Really good, this week. More people should be watching.
- Supernatural: Both last week’s and this week’s were a bit so-so. Enjoyable, but so-so
- 24: Well, who saw that coming (ho, ho)? I did. it’s managing to maintain the tension, though this week’s was possibly the most stupid set of events in 24 history: (SPOILERS) Chloe running CTU? She has the social skills of a serial killer. You need a manager for these things! And a woman appointed the leader of a hardline Islamic country? I don’t think so. Still, nice to see President Logan around.
But what did you watch?
As always, no spoilers unless you’re going to use the <spoiler> </spoiler> tags, please. If you’ve reviewed something on your blog, you can put a link to it here rather than repeat yourself (although too many links and you might get killed by the spam filter).