Well, the new season has really started in earnest in the US, and there are some new shows in the UK, too. I’m working my way through them at the moment, so between now and Monday, you should be getting full reviews of
- House (a weird two-hour special in which House seems to become nice)
- Cougar Town (Courtney Cox’s new show)
- Modern Family (supposed to be very funny)
- The Mentalist (very yawn inducing)
- Accidentally On Purpose (slightly awful so far, even though it does star Jenna Elfman)
- The Good Wife (whatserface off ER going back to work after politician Chris Noth cheats on her)
- FlashForward (everyone in the world gets a vision of what their life will be like in six months)
- Smallville (kneel before Zod!)
- The Vampire Diaries (a third-episode verdict probably. If I can stomach watching two episodes back to back)
- CSI (Sara’s back and that other one is off!)
- Merlin bored me enough that I stopped after 10 minutes, so I won’t be watching that any more
- Gossip Girl finally got too silly last week, so I gave up on it, too
- I’m figuring the number of people interested in The Beautiful Life round here wouldn’t be that great, so I avoided watching that, too
- The Fixer was rubbish for about 30 minutes then got really good
- I’m slowly catching up with Mad Men and as lovely as it is, I’m not finding the character interest at the moment to draw me in – am I suffering from quality TV ennui?
- Last week’s Supernatural made up for the slightly disappointing season opener with a good ending.
- I’ve still to watch this week’s episode of Supernatural as well as Community.
- And virtually everything else I’ve already reviewed.
But how about you?
UPDATE: Doh! I’ll be reviewing the first episode of the new season of Being Erica (very intriguing) as well. I knew I’d forget something.
As always, no spoilers unless you’re going to use the <spoiler> </spoiler> tags, please