I was worrying a while back about the small number of female writers on US TV at the moment. Fortunately, it seems Happy Endings doesn’t have that problem, judging by this video in which star Casey Wilson tries to pitch the writers some plotlines for her character, Penny. The problem they do have appears to be addiction to Diet Coke.
I do love Portlandia. It’s easily the best sketch show of the last few years: a character-based satire of the (apparently) extremely liberal city of Portland, Oregon. The show is coming back in January with some all-new characters, including the Sanitation Twins, who you can see below. Hang around to the end – it’s brilliant.
- Jason Statham to replace Shia LaBoeuf on the Transformers movies?
- All new Avengers for The Avengers 2?
- Anne Hathaway to play Fantine in Les Misérables
- Nicolas Cage joins Black Butterfly
- The Misfits press pack
- Channel 4’s new and returning US shows
- Sirens cancelled
- ITV buys Channel Television
- Huw Jones’ plans for S4C…
- …and Ian Jones confirmed as chief executive
- Carla Gugino to recur on Justified
- Sharon Horgan and Laura Solon writing comedies for ABC
- Sarah Silverman to guest on The League
- Amy Sedaris to guest on The Good Wife
- Annabeth Gish and Matt Lauria to recur on CSI
- Monday ratings: Castle, Hart of Dixie, Terra Nova and Hawaii Five-0 up, Two and a Half Men down
- Fox buys CIA drama, family comedy
- Chris Cooper and Dianne Wiest to star in The Corrections?
- ABC to adapt Squadra Antimafia – Palermo Oggi
- NBC buys two comedies: Life As I Blow It and Satellites
- ABC to develop Judy Greer comedy
- The CW buys thriller Dare
- Mandy Moore to star in ABC sitcom Us and Them
- The Glades gets a third season
- Bo Derek to guest on Chuck