Curses. I thought they were going to let me go, yesterday, but now they've promised me a potential “quick one- or two-day” trial. Anyway, here's the news.
- Doug Coupland's jPod has been turned into a short film which you can view online.
- There's a not-great trailer for Highlander: The Source on YouTube. Well, more like a rough-cut of the first two minutes. Doesn't look promising though.
- Even Gordon Brown is weighing in on the Celebrity Big Brother turmoil. A Big Brother effigy was burnt in Patna. Carphone Warehouse is thinking about withdrawing sponsorship. It's all got a bit serious. Still, it looks like this week's eviction is going to be Jade v Shilpa, so guess who's going to get kicked out.
- What's going to happen to the British The IT Crowd? The second season has been filmed and is ready for transmission in the next few months. But now Richard Ayoade has joined the cast of the American version of the show to reprise the role of Moss. Will he have time for a third British series if the US version goes ahead?
- BBC4 will show another one-off special of The Thick Of It in the summer.
- Keith Olbermann's lost perspective and started to have a go at 24 instead of Bill O'Reilly.
- Tricia Helfer gives minor spoilers about the rest of the season on BSG.
- NBC has ordered new seasons of Heroes, My Name is Earl, The Office and 30 Rock, as well as a few other shows. It's also picked up an Australian improv comedy format.
- Juliet's going to get another flashback in Lost.
- Some of the cast of the now-cancelled Stargate SG-1 are going to start appearing in Stargate Atlantis. In particular, Amanda Tapping is going to be in 14 episodes.
- Richard Dean Anderson's been approached to appear in the forthcoming Stargate SG-1 movies
- There's going to be a six-episode animated series of Smallville for mobile phones. Yahoo is also going to have a four minute clip from the forthcoming episode Justice.
- Aaron Sorkin's hacked off about criticism of Studio 60. He also provides some spoilers for the rest of the season.
- Fox has commissioned another rubbish sitcom called Playing Chicken.