Archive | News
Every week day, I let you know what's happening in the world of television, film and many other media on both sides of Atlantic as well in the rest of the world (sometimes). The news category lets you have access to this pure news - and you can, of course, subscribe to its RSS feed.
Daily news by email
Posted on February 28, 2007 | |
- No need to lock up your daughters from the 31st March. They'll be staying in voluntarily to watch David Tennant in the new series of Doctor Who...
- There's a video game based on The Golden Compass coming out this year.
- Another film that didn't need one gets a remake. This time it's Cronenberg's Scanners.
- The Black Donellys' ratings weren't very good. Begorra.
- Freddie Prinze Jr has another show. Wisely, his name isn't in the title.
- Lucy Liu's coming back to tele for Cashmere Mafia
- Las Vegas will be back for a fifth season, but without James Caan or Nikki Cox
- Jack McBrayer (Kenneth the page in 30 Rock) only gets recognised by pages.
- Lots of spoilers over on Ausiello as usual. Most notable that I can talk about here are Goran Visnjic not renewing his ER contract, a new female character is coming to Lost, and one of Close to Home, The Unit and Jericho is to get cancelled. Also, interesting stuff about Heroes, House and 24.
Posted on February 27, 2007 | |
- Billie Piper says she cried while watching The Christmas Invasion.
- The Daily Star (motto: never once a correct story) reckons David Tennant's leaving at the end of series three
- Maybe it's because he was turned away from the BBC when the guard didn't recognise him
- David Tennant's Recovery got beaten by Lewis in Sunday's ratings.
- A graphic novel will fill in the gap between 28 Days Later and its sequel
- Aaron Eckhart talks Two Face
- Simon Pegg and Nick Frost will be in Virgin Picadilly for a signing between 6pm and 7pm tomorrow.
- Wish list casting for Star Trek XI
- Sky, obviously having learnt nothing from Channel 4's Space Cadets, has a new reality show in with six people are arrested for murdering Brigitte Nielsen.
- Images from the new Babylon 5 DVD movies.
- Kristin Chenoweth joins Pushing Daisies
- Anna Paquin is to play a telepathic waitress who becomes a vampire's love interest in True Blood
- Carrie-Anne Moss is joining Guy Ritchie's Suspect.
- Spoilers from Kristin about various shows, mostly Grey's Anatomy and Lost. But Studio 60 is still shooting episodes, apparently.
- William Petersen talks and spoils.
Posted on February 26, 2007 | |
Top O'The Morning to you, future Black Donnelly viewers. Begorra.
- Virgin Media has acquired the on-demand rights to Lost's first three seasons. Episodes from season three start in August.
- Two Primeval stars have shacked up together.
- Kiefer Sutherland is bemused that the US army would be influenced by 24
- Missi Pyle's a regular on new series Wedding Bells
- Christopher Guest is to direct the pilot for the US version of The Thick of It
- The SciFi Channel and Richard Branson unite to fight crime together. Or to make money.
- Back from the dead, Six Degrees returns on March 23rd
- Alyssa Milano has a new pilot with Mary Steenburgen.
- An interview with an ex-Hero
- Jericho's back but its ratings aren't so hot now it's up against American Idol
- Sylar from Heroes (aka Zachary Quinto) talks to Kristin