Archive | News
Every week day, I let you know what's happening in the world of television, film and many other media on both sides of Atlantic as well in the rest of the world (sometimes). The news category lets you have access to this pure news - and you can, of course, subscribe to its RSS feed.
Daily news by email
Posted on March 15, 2007 | |
- A little bit too much time on your hands? How about building a replica TARDIS with working arcade game inside it then? Full instructions await!
- Billy Piper's Belle de Jour is happening. No one will notice though because it's on ITV2 [free registration required]
- A sequel to Superman Returns has been pushed back since Bryan Singer's decided to direct something else in the interim
- Jake Gyllenhaal is rumoured to be playing Captain Marvel in Shazam! No word on whether he's going to pass himself off as a 13-year-old kid
- Images and scene descriptions from Transformers
- Mad Max 4 is on, but without Mad Mel
- Tutankhamun's treasures will be on display in Britain for the first time in 30 years in The O2 in November
- ITV Play may have been replaced by ITV2+1 (that's not ITV3, BTW), but a movie channel may be the long-term replacement [subscription required]
- Saturday Live: series one is coming to DVD on 16th April
- Gareth Hunt has died [free registration required]
- Get NBC shows on demand on your cell phone
- Raquel Welch is joining Jeffrey Tambor's pilot
- Dean Cain's working his way back on to proper television with a pilot. Plus other casting news
- The Saint is being remade by TNT
- Prison Break's creator promises season three will be brutal. Yey?
- David Duchovny's show has been given the go-ahead by Showtime
- CBS has picked up Jason Biggs' pilot I'm In Hell
- Zooey Deschanel talks about Tin Man
- That big gay ST:TNG episode is finally to be made as part of the New Voyages
- All the actors from The Nine appear to have found jobs
Posted on March 14, 2007 | |
- Hayley Atwell is the new Julia Flyte in Brideshead Revisited
- John Waters is making a kids' film
- The inevitable (and partially justified) nitpicks of 300 by historians begins
There's going to be a Transporter 3
- Interviews with the Heroes cast by Kristin
- Bravo has bought Television Without Pity
- Dr Evil aka Viacom has finally sued YouTube/Google for $1 billion
- Michael Shanks is guest starring on 24
- Lost, Scrubs, Smallville and CSI: Miami spoilers on Ask Ausiello
Posted on March 13, 2007 | |
Ooh. No train to catch today. Time for some leisurely news.
- Talks are on for Constantine 2. Why?
- Gerard Butler is to be Snake Plissken in an Escape from New York remake. Maybe.
- Watchmen stuff
- Oh goody. Another Coke Zero ad, this one with Wayne Rooney. Sounds better than the last one, though. [free registration required]
- Which shows are doomed and which shows are coming back next season
- An interview with Malcolm McDowell about his appearance in Heroes
- A great big blow-by-blow account of a crucial scene in the next episode of Heroes
- Spoilers from Kristin, including an unexpected promotion to series regular for one Heroes character next season; some deceased Lost characters are back in flashbacks; plus Ugly Betty stuff.
- Life on Mars has been pushed back, because they're having trouble finding a lead.
- Moves are afoot to cut back on the Law & Order franchises
- Eliza Dushku comes back to Fox for a soapy drama about nurses
- Christina Applegate, Jean Smart and Amy Brenneman get pilots. Plus Melanie Griffiths gets a recurring role in Viva Laughlin!
- So Rob Morrow, Fisher Stevens and Chad Lowe go skiing. And they get lost. It's not a joke, but it is funny.