Archive | News
Every week day, I let you know what's happening in the world of television, film and many other media on both sides of Atlantic as well in the rest of the world (sometimes). The news category lets you have access to this pure news - and you can, of course, subscribe to its RSS feed.
Daily news by email
Posted on February 22, 2007 | |
Morning has broken. Yey.
- Russell T Davies says, “We’d love to have Hugh.”
- The National Film and Television Archive is to be opened up to the public for free.
- Claudia Black will be guest starring on The Dresden Files.
- Stewie Griffin and Brian the dog from Family Guy are to become talk-show hosts
- Video interviews with the stars of Heroes.
- Jericho star Lennie James fesses up to being British and gives some pretty interesting insights.
- Nigel Lythgoe's handling the Emmys this year.
- There's a Grey's Anatomy spin-off in the works.
Posted on February 21, 2007 | |
- Hugh Grant is in talks to appear as a baddie. Plus he claims he could have been the Doctor, too.
- Lots of Transformers pics.
- Marco Pierre White comes out of retirement to replace Gordon Ramsay in Hell's Kitchen. You should read what Gordon has to say about him in his biography. [free registration required]
- Actors appearing in the new Blake's 7 audio plays will get royalties [subscription required].
- Heroes gives the SciFi channel its best ratings ever. That's a 4.4% share or less than half a mill, by the way.
- Big Brother partworks? De Agostini may be after Endemol.
- I previewed it a very long time ago, but The Black Donnellys is nearly here now and you can see that first episode (yes, you, too, UK viewers) for free over on Yahoo! TV.
- George Takei strikes back against homophobic basketball players in a slightly unexpected way.
- Pioneering new levels of tastelessness in reality TV, Spike now wants amateur detectives to solve real-life murder cases in just 48 hours. But it's for charity, so that's all right then, isn't it?
- The last (?) episode of Studio 60 gets really bad ratings.
- Ausiello talks to David Eick about Battlestar Galactica and reveals that the movie now has the green light, spoilers about the last four episodes of the season and spoilers about the next season.
- Also from Ausiello: Nancy Cartwright (aka Bart Simpson) will be appearing in 24 and lots of Lost spoilers.
- Jewel Staite from Firefly is joining Stargate: Atlantis, as are Stargate regulars Amanda Tapping, as we know, and Christopher Judge (although only for one episode). Torri Higginson (Dr Weir) has been demoted to recurring character status. Plus thoughts from exec producer Joseph Mallozzi. Looks, judging from the comments, like fans aren't happy about any of it...
- Heroes spoilers over on Kristin's E! blog
- Pilots, pilots, pilots. Notably Linus Roache is in a pilot with Juliana Margulies and Beau Bridges is a comedy bigamist.
Posted on February 20, 2007 | |
Who knew it was so big? Apart from Americans, of course.
- Lots of spoilers from David Tennant, including confirmation of series four. He also talks about Recovery. Girls Aloud were going to be in Doctor Who? Hmm...
- Seriously? We needed a Saw 4?
- Maggie Grace joins Liam Neeson and Holly Valance for Taken.
- The Jam to reform without Paul Weller? Sacrilege!
- John Simm talks to The Times about Life on Mars. “That Doctor Who Rumour” is mentioned in passing, but nothing is added.
- ITV has cancelled CD:UK's replacement because it couldn't find a sponsor.
- An interview with Joss Whedon about directing The Office.
- Former Lostie Michelle Rodriguez gives her side of the DUI story, if you can decipher it.
- A long interview with Henry Ian Cusick – Desmond from Lost. He wears high heels and puts on women's clothing? He'll be cutting down trees next.