Archive | News
Every week day, I let you know what's happening in the world of television, film and many other media on both sides of Atlantic as well in the rest of the world (sometimes). The news category lets you have access to this pure news - and you can, of course, subscribe to its RSS feed.
Daily news by email
Posted on March 8, 2007 | |
It's Thursday. Not long now.
Posted on March 7, 2007 | |
Do you know you have to be at the US embassy at 8am for your i-visa interview? Bah.
- Troughton story The Web of Fear gets its first episode aired on BBC4 on Sunday 18th March as part of a London Underground season.
- Just when you thought there was no way for cinema to get crasser, now come plans to adapt John Milton's Paradise Lost, getting rid of the dull bits, Adam and Eve being nude, etc.
- M Night Hasbeen's new film has been greenlit by Fox
- As though we cared, The Wurzels reveal who the mystery guest vocalist is on the re-release of “I Am A Cider Drinker” (it's for charity though)
- The DVD of Life on Mars, series two, is out on 16th April. It'll feature a documentary about the Camberwick Green moment from episode 5.
- The Black Donnellys gets okay ratings for its second episode, although others argue it's a worrying slide.
- Heroes will be back on April 23rd. Here's the promo with clips from the next episode.
- Zach Braff's sorted himself a good deal to stay with Scrubs
- An interview with Ronald Moore, exec producer of Battlestar Galactica
- More pilot casting news. Anyone remember Party of Five?
- Steve Coogan is to appear in Curb Your Enthusiasm as a psychiatrist
- Create your own BSG video using SciFi's BSG videomaker toolkit. You could win a prize
- He may had jury duty, but he still has spoilers. Michael Ausiello lets us know useful things about Lost. Plus he seems to think a certain thing wasn't permanent after all on BSG. Was RDM conning us?
- Kristin talks to the producer of House about what's to come and what's past
- Tim Robbins has a pharma-related drama planned for Showtime
- Eddie Izzard and Minnie Driver's The Riches is going to premiere online this week
Posted on March 6, 2007 | |
I think I saw Noah a moment ago.
Books and comics
- A comic book version of Orson Scott Card's Ender's Game is on the way
- Virgin Media threatens to sue Sky
- ITV has suspended ITV Play, pending investigations [free registration required]
- ABC has yanked Knights of Prosperity from the schedule (Kristin says it's been axed)
- Ian Wright's Unfit Kids now has a US version: presumably Shaquille O'Neal's Unfit Kids
- An interview with Katee Sackhoff from BSG [spoilers for last Sunday's episode]
- More BSG spoilers
- Monday night at 9 is a little too popular
- Six Degrees might get a reprieve
- One for you Toby: is there a connection between Heroes and Lost? The creators reveal...
- An interview with 24 writer Michael Loceff
- Martin Scorsese and Mark Wahlberg are teaming up for an HBO series about Atlantic City
- James van der Beek joins Football Wives
- No one wants to be Lost any more [some spoilers for Jericho]
- The pilot episode of Raines is now on the NBC web site
- News and spoilers from Kristin: chances of renewal for Supernatural and The Class are poor; a great big Lost spoiler