Archive | News
Every week day, I let you know what's happening in the world of television, film and many other media on both sides of Atlantic as well in the rest of the world (sometimes). The news category lets you have access to this pure news - and you can, of course, subscribe to its RSS feed.
Daily news by email
Posted on June 5, 2007 | |
And then… sniff… he found out he wasn't who he thought he was… sniff… but to save everyone he had to give up the woman he loved… sniff… and then he saw what his life would have been like with her… sniff…
- Lots of clips from Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
- Eek. Optimus Prime v Bonecrusher
- Pathe and the Beeb are making films about Mrs T and Lord Nelson among others
- Tarantino says Italian film industry is depressing. Italian film industry says he is. So ner!
- Video of Speed Racer's Mach 5 and cast, including Matthew Fox, Susan Sarandon and Christina Ricci - you'll have to watch an ad first
- America's version of Derren Brown, Criss Angel, is to appear in Mandrake, possibly as Mandrake
- Amy Winehouse's mockney accent and 'edgy' image make Americans like her, not want to slap her [free registration required]
- They're looking for an extremely hot editor for the Daily Planet in Smallville
- Spoilers for House, Lost, et al at Kristin. Plus they'd really like to get Christopher Eccleston back on Heroes
Posted on June 4, 2007 | |
It might be news, it might not: I've been in a bubble for a week. Have we started any new wars?
- Kim Cattrall to play Daniel Radcliffe's mum in a World War I ITV1 drama. I thought Rupert Grint was supposed to be ITV's saviour?
- Which of the forthcoming new US shows are the British networks interested in: news from the LA screenings
- Reality TV: the US has a show about pirates, we get one about local planning offices
Posted on May 25, 2007 | |
- Maybe Kylie after all...
- Gareth McLean interviews Jessica ex-Stevenson [free registration required]
- Plus Freema Agyeman - aka Sweet FA - is on Jonathan Ross tonight. Sorry on Jonathan Ross tonight.
- Noel Edmonds to host the badly re-titled Sky version of Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader?
- Kirsty Young's leaving Five News
- Anyone who thought Xena: Warrior Princess was in any way about female empowerment, think again - or at least send Universal Playback a rude message. Mud-wrestling glamour models to launch a DVD?
- What happened to some of the former contestants of The Apprentice and Dragons' Den [free registration required]
- Celebrity Big Brother was more racist than anyone suspected. Full transcript here. Which is handy because it's clear some celebrities haven't read it
- It could be worse: the father of one of the contestants has died in the Australian version of Big Brother and no one's told her
- CBS's Moonlight gets recast, while Prison Break looks for some more inmates
- And The IT Crowd needs a new Jen while Heroes needs some more heroes
- Footage from the new Babylon 5 DVDs
And a great big shout-out to The Stage's TV Today blog which is now one year's old. Happy Birthday guys!