Howdy, happy people. No sooner is the last competition over, then a new one begins, this time courtesy of those good people at the BBC Shop. Look, I'm an official reviewer:
They send me things that they think I'd like to review, based on the content of this 'ere blog, and then I review them (editorially independently, of course). And then I'm free to dispose with them as I wish. And I wish to give them away to you happy people. So as we lead up to Christmas, I'll be giving away all kinds of lovely goodies at the rate of one a week (maybe even more).
This week, I'm giving away The Complete Torchwood Collection – yes, every single episode of Torchwood from all four series on 18 DVDs, complete with all manner of extras. Normally, it'll cost you £61.27, at the BBC Shop it'll cost you £40.50, but if you win the competition, it'll be free!
And yes, long-time readers, they looked at the blog and thought I'd love me some Torchwood. Seems implausible, doesn't it?
Now, I've reviewed pretty much every episode already, so rather than rehash all those reviews, I'm simply going to list them all. Feel free to relive my growing frustration, dismay and sarcasm during season 1! Enjoy my slight surprise when it gets better in the second season – then experience again the frustration when it goes bad again, usually when Chris Chibnall is let loose on the scripts. Relive my bemusement at Children of Earth and surprise at how good it is… in places! And then watch as I decide enough's enough and the first episode of Miracle Day is simply too bad to be watchable… and I'm proven right in countries around the world where Pro-Celebrity Cat Shampooing beats it in the ratings by the final episode.
- Torchwood 1x1-1x2
- Torchwood 1x3
- Torchwood 1x4 - Cyberwoman
- Torchwood 1x5
- Torchwood 1x6 - Countrycide
- Torchwood 1x8 - They Keep Killing Susie
- Torchwood 1x9 - Random Shoes
- Torchwood 1x10 - Out of Time
- Torchwood 1x11-1x13 - Combat, Captain Jack Harkness and The End of Days
- Torchwood 2x1 - Kiss, Kiss, Bang, Bang
- Torchwood 2x2 - Sleeper
- Torchwood 2x3 - To The Last Man
- Torchwood 2x4 - Meat
- Torchwood 2x5 - Adam
- Torchwood 2x6 - Reset
- Torchwood 2x7 - Dead Man Walking
- Torchwood 2x8 - A Day in the Death
- Torchwood 2x9 - Something Borrowed
- Torchwood 2x10 - From Out of the Rain
- Torchwood 2x11 - Adrift
- Torchwood 2x12 - Fragments
- Torchwood 2x13 - Exit Wounds
- Torchwood - Children of Earth - Part 1
- Torchwood - Children of Earth (Series finale)
- Torchwood – Miracle Day – Part 1
Anyway, assuming my reviews and sarcasm haven't put you off the entire series – or the series itself for that matter – the entire box set of Torchwood episodes will be sent to the UK reader who responds with the best (not insulting) answer to the following question:
Why did my reviews not put you off wanting the box set?
Don't forget to include a valid email address when you leave your reply. You've until 11.59pm GMT on Friday to leave your response and I'll let you all know who won on Monday when I'll announce the next competition… your chance to win series six of Doctor Who DVD, so stay tuned.
- December 12, 2011: And the winner of the Torchwood competition is…
In which I announce the winner of the competition.
- December 13, 2011: Competition time: win series six of Doctor Who on DVD!
Win series six of Doctor Who on DVD