Time for "What did you watch last week?", my chance to tell you what I watched last week that I haven't already reviewed and your chance to recommend things to everyone else (and me) in case we've missed them.
My recommendations for maximum viewing pleasure this week: Dexter, House, Modern Family, Happy Endings, Homeland, Suburgatory and Community.
Things you might enjoy but that I'm not necessarily recommending: Being Erica, Strike Back: Project Dawn, and Ringer.
A few thoughts on some of the regulars:
- Community: Crisis over! Excellent third episode last week. Phew!
- Dexter: It's basically season one again, but not quite as good. Not bad though
- Being Erica: It's basically season one again, but not quite as good. Not bad though
- Strike Back: Project Dawn: The amount of female nudity in this is getting ridiculous.
- House: New doctor isn't a patch on Amber Tamblyn, a nice twist with Foreman, but sadly missing Chase, Taub and 13 at the moment.
A few things I've given a try this week:
- Enlightened: Appropriately paired with Bored To Death, this sees Laura Dern get a rage attack at her workplace, leave, go off to an anger management enlightenment retreat, then come back and try to get her life back. Possibly the dullest, most pointless TV drama since… oh, Pan Am, but even less happens. Laura Dern's really pulling out all the stops, though, to give it credit. One episode was enough and so little is happening in it, that I couldn't even work out what I'd put in a full review. So this is all it's getting.
- Spy: A Sky 1 foray in comedy, starring Darren Boyd as a computer geek who quits his job and ends up in MI5. No, not a total Chuck rip-off. Unfortunately, it was so unfunny that we gave up after 15 minutes so never actually saw what happened what he joined MI5 and met up with Robert Lindsay. We're going to give that second half a try when we're in a more charitable mood.
I didn't watch any movies this week, I'm afraid.
The movie I watched this week was Source Code, which wasn't bad but felt more like the pilot of a TV show (namely Seven Days, but with a few differences). Complicated, but still easy to follow, and the ending made no sense. As, actually did the mechanism for all the time travel.
"What did you watch last week?" is your chance to recommend to friends and fellow blog readers the TV and films that they might be missing or should avoid - and for me to do mini-reviews of everything I've watched. Since we live in the fabulous world of Internet catch-up services like the iPlayer and Hulu, why not tell your fellow readers what you've seen so they can see the good stuff they might have missed?
- July 22, 2014: Review: Satisfaction 1x1 (USA)
A review of the first episode of USA’s Satisfaction
- April 27, 2015: Review: Happyish 1x1 (US: Showtime)
A review of the first episode of Showtime’s Happyish
- January 26, 2016: Review: Stan Lee's Lucky Man 1x1 (UK: Sky 1)
A review of the first episode of Sky 1's Stan Lee's Lucky Man
- July 8, 2016: Review: Roadies 1x1-1x2 (US: Showtime; UK: Amazon Prime)
A review of the first episode of Showtime/Amazon Prime's Roadies