The Silence is going to be the villain of the season (probably) in Doctor Who. Of course, the foundations were laid last season, with the exploding TARDIS, "The Silence will fall", the time machine in The Lodger et al.
However, maybe there were other signs that none of us noticed. What would happen if someone (not me) rewatched the last season, keeping their eyes open for unexplained shadowy figures and people seemingly forgetting important things they'd just seen, and didn't just assume it was people messing up their lines, bad edits, etc…
Follow me after the jump, assuming you can remember that far.
The Eleventh Hour
- While hanging from the TARDIS, the Doctor looks up into it and for a couple of seconds has a confused look on his face.
- At 15:453, when the shadowy figure runs by the camera inside Amy's house before the jump forward to the present day. Presumably, Prisoner Zero hasn't had time to form the "psychic link" it needs to maintain a disguise, so what is this?
- When Rory and Amy exit the elevator on the second floor of the hospital, Rory glances behind him at something, but when he looks back towards Amy, he shakes his head like he forgot something. It is about 42:49.
- In the scene at the end of the episode where Amy goes into the TARDIS for the first time. there’s one point where she leans back on the console and is looking around the room. The camera is pointed towards her face, so we can’t see what she’s looking at. She looks around with a sort of awe-struck smile, but then her eyes linger over something and her expression turns into a look of horror.
The Beast Below
- At around 9:25 a black figure walks past Amy, she looks confused/scared for a couple of seconds then shrugs it off.
Victory of the Daleks
- Near the end after the Daleks escape, the Doctor moves slowly backwards, as he gets near to the green framed window/doorway he looks to his left with a shock.
- At 21:47 for a couple of shots Amy looks in the distance or at the screen and gasps, then shouts for the Doctor’s attention but he doesn’t listen. She looks away and shakes it off.
Vampires of Venice
- At the end when Rory, Amy, and the Doctor are standing by the TARDIS, the TARDIS door is open and then shuts on it’s own.
The Big Bang
- There are cloaked figures behind the Sarcophagi in the museum; a third figure moves out of shot at the edge of the screen at about 13:31
Here's someone's verdict on these: