Not that I'm suggesting that ITV Play is feeling desperate about its future at all and looking to survive in the wild somehow, particularly now it's been dumped by ITV, but I've now been solicited twice - once on Friday and once on Saturday - by a market researcher for ITV Play, wanting to know my opinions on the channel.
There's an online survey for me to fill out, which includes such choice questions as:
- How important do you feel it is that ITV is involved in ITV Play for the programme/experience quality
- How important do you feel it is that ITV is involved in ITV Play for you to be confident that it can be trusted to be fair and ethical
- Please choose the TV channel that you consider the most trustworthy that you watch
- How do you consider ITV as a broadcaster?
- Are you aware that the guidelines for this type of programme are now under scrutiny?
- Do you feel that the ITV Play programmes give you enough information about the chances of winning and the number of callers taking part
- ITV has recently announced it is intention of moving out of overnight ?��Ǩ��Participation’ TV in the form of ITV Play, do you consider this to be a good decision?
Oh dear. Poor old ITV Play, trying to gather together all the majestic power and support that bloggers can provide. At least, I presume it's them, even though I have to email a btinternet.com address if I have any questions.
UPDATE: It's not ITV Play after all, unless they've planned a very elaborate cover story. Which is always possible, if you've ever seen some of the labyrinthine logic that goes into their questions.